Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Hardraw Beck near Hawes in North Yorkshire is a truly magical place for anyone, not just photographers. I’d never visited this part of the beck before, and I was captivated by it. The upper part of the beck runs through Shaw Gill Wood at Simonstone before plunging into the valley at Hardraw Force.
I’d gone for a recce and to hopefully get some autumn colour in the woodland but this composition proved to be my favourite from the trip. A single leaf clinging on the edge of one of the many small waterfalls on the stream.
The going can be difficult at times in the wood, steep cobbles covered in wet leaves and uneven paving means you have to be extra careful but the rewards once you get into the heart of the wood are many. A veritable treasure trove of photographic opportunities. Also you may be fortunate enough to spot one of the red squirrels that are in the wood.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor