I can proudly say I am the only person in the world to have captured this image, on this day anyway! This is one of my favorite images hands down....I had the opportunity to visit this spot just the other day again in August of 2o22. I shot this image on a day when a storm cell was producing snow showers on a surprised Telluride in September!
Not rare for this area to get an early snow shower here and there, but the fact it was not forecasted made it even more special. At the time, I was represented by one of the fine art galleries in town, and I wanted to be able to share with the sales team that we were the only gallery in town to have this specific event in hand! I stalled for a couple of hours, while the sun melted the snow....making for a beautiful free flowing waterfall.
Some of the Aspen had started to make the transition to fall golds and yellow....which was a beautiful mix with the tree that had not yet turned for the season. I was tickled dizzy when the blue peaked out from behind the cloudsThe spectacular Bridal Veil Falls are the tallest free-falling falls in Colorado. At 365 feet in height, these falls entice visitors and adventurers from all over the world to hike, bike, four-wheel drive, ice climb, and explore the surrounding wilderness.
A privately owned, historic power plant sits atop the falls. It is a 1.8 mile walk or off-road drive up to the top of the falls with an elevation gain of 1650 feet. Because of the rise in elevation and rough terrain this is not considered a good hike for families or beginning hikers. It is listed as moderate but I feel it should be listed as difficult due to the elevation of this region which sits at 8.750 in Telluride proper. Below this falls in the town of Telluride there are fine art galleries, eateries and resorts mixed in with ski lifts and other accommodations for year round sports enthusiasts.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor