Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Murlough Bay is located on the north Antrim coast of N.Ireland and is around an hour's drive from my home. In my opinion, Murlough Bay is one of the most picturesque locations in N.Ireland, and my favorite time to take landscape photos here is in late April early May when the hillside is carpeted with a mass of bluebells and are a sight for the eyes and the senses!
You can drive down a very narrow windy lane to get to the bottom of the hill and a short walk will take you to a secluded beach. But to get to this spot involves a climb up the side of a waterfall and continuing through a small wood and another steep climb up the hill which is not easy and by the time you get to this location you are out of breath, to put it mildly. But when you gather your senses and have set up the camera and tripod and just sit for a few minutes and take in the scenery the view is spectacular.
In this image, you are looking across the bay to the cliffs of Fairhead with Rathlin Island in the distance. It was amazing just to sit and take in the view and anticipate the changing light waiting for the right moment to press the shutter. I used a Lee polarizing filter with a grey grad as the sky was a little bright. I took a number of images from different locations and different angles to give a different perspective. I think I liked this composition the best but I really had too many lovely images to chose from. Murlough Bay is well worth a visit if you are ever contemplating a photography trip to N.Ireland. The HBO tv series Game Of Thrones was also filmed at Murlough Bay.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor