I had been invited to a friend's ranch near Zion National Park in Utah. Not having visited the park in the past, I was looking forward to stalking the many unique rock structures throughout and capturing their images. However the landscape around the the ranch-house particularly the fenced pathway leading to a dirt road that led to another dirt road, that eventually ended where the highway began, proved a likely photo opportunity. At early morning, the pathway appeared to lead directly to the rising sun.
Except for the its bright yellow light in the distance, darkness still prevailed. Before releasing the shutter I knew the image would be best in black and white.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor