Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Sunrise along the seashore can be a treat for the senses and for the eyes. On this special morning in early April 2021, I was fortunate to join a group of photographer friends in a sunrise shoot at Hunting Island State Park, St. Helena Island, SC. The coastline here is filled with endless composition options and "camera candy" everywhere you look. The many downed trees along the water's edge are a result of hurricane and storm damage over the years.
We found our positions just before the break of day, and I watched in amazement as the sky created a show of light for us. As the bands of pink and orange began to show on the horizon, large lines of blue filled the sky as if pointing to where the sun was going to rise. I was so intrigued by the scene that I stopped shooting with my Nikon camera and pulled out my cell phone to capture a quick video. I wanted to be able to show others that my photo was not altered to make the deep blue rays in the sky. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like this before so it was definitely an exciting experience for me.
The light in the sky continued to change rapidly over the few moments before the sun finally made it's appearance on the horizon. It was a morning that I will not forget for a very long time.
I shot this image from a tripod using my Nikon d850 camera and trusty Sigma 24-105 f/4 lens. To prevent any camera shake, I used a wireless remote to fire the shutter. I also used a polarizing filter to help define the light rays in the sky.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor