The desert colors and textures at Zabriskie Point in Death Valley National Park often bring in crowds of photographers. On this morning in October 2020, it was exceptionally quiet.
The crossing light changes minute by minute as the sun rises. It is often hard to choose what to focus on, as there are so many options. I have learned to stay put and work one area through the whole process of the sunrise, rather than keep moving around.
The best times to be there are Fall, Winter, and Spring. It is just too hot to work in the Summer. Wind can be a problem. On this trip, it was quiet in the morning. By 3 pm winds were gusting to 40 mph with a dust storm.
Zabriskie Point is a place that will keep bringing you back and surprising you as you learn to shoot it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor