Springtime in the Rockies means that the weather can change in an instant, and you've always got to be ready for it.
Fifteen minutes before this photo was taken, the mountainside was bathed in late morning sunshine. All of a sudden, thick clouds rolled up the valley, and, before I knew it, I was surrounded by cloud and the snow started to fall.
The scene took on an entirely different feel as visibility dropped, and my world was filled with nothing but the trees creaking in the wind.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor