While touring Yellowstone National Park in winter I came upon this very simple scene of reeds resting gently in a snow bank. There was a natural grace to how they appeared. The snow presented a clean background and foreground, giving the reeds an appearance of almost floating in air. It was easy to see that this was going to be a high key image, but I had to carefully meter the scene to make sure that the snow was placed in Zone 9, leaving some texture in the highlights.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor