Photographing in winter at Yellowstone National Park, USA is on many wildlife photographers bucket-list. Although my trip started in Lamar Valley, I drove down to Old Faithful. I found this scene while hiking around. The weather in Yellowstone can be unpredictable, but on this day both the weather and lighting were glorious. As someone who loves winter photography, pursuing a high-key image, one where the main subject is isolated against a pure or almost pure background, is a favorite. My goal here was to capture the details in the whitest part of the image.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor