Amazing mudflat landscape of Xiapu, the Fujian province of China. Xiapu is well known by its seaweed and kelp farming. The bamboo sticks in this image are used for cultivating seaweed from October to December. Seaweed has been used as food for several centuries, and just Asia alone consumes around 2 million tonnes of seaweed every year! Besides, Xiapu is a famous photography hotspot attributed to its unique mudflat landscape, as well as the coastal landscape. Combining the local farming activities and mudflat landscape offer the creative opportunities for photographers.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor