I was capturing the sunset when these young local girls wandered up and onto the sand. I was in an area otherwise unpopulated and with the only access point being a rural residential road. My goal had been to find a stretch of pristine desert without footprints (or dumped garbage). That took me winding down sandy back paths that skirt the dunes and date plantations. There, I parked, and trekked up and into the dunes, which is where I'd set up with a focus on capturing the sunset. Even though I'd come for the emptiness, the highlight actually endeded up being the sense of scale and presence they added when they wandered into my shot.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor