TAKE PART • WIN $100
When working full time (not as a professional photographer or full time travel blogger),time left for travel and photography is scarce and limited only to couple weeks in a year, when we, photo enthusiasts,embark on a mission to, in limited time, take as many picture and see as many places as possible. We go places and rarely come back to same photo spots.
When I first time visited Twin Lakes, on the way home from Aspen to Chicago, we stayed in small B&B, right across the street from that lake. I didn't realized that this place has a huge photo potential. Located on the east, less visited side of Independence Pass, right by the foothills of Mount Elbert this place struck me with beauty and vast, breathtaking views of Rocky Mountains. Then, in the middle of the summer, lake was bustling with group of beavers and it was almost impossible to photograph perfect reflection of the mountains on it.
I loved the place but wasn't necessarily happy with my images. I thought maybe one day i will come back, one day. I did 5 years later. When the fall colors was in it's full splendor. When there were no more beavers. With perfect weather and beautiful morning light I was able to photograph that lake and that views again. Like never before. That was first time when I was able to go back, improve and adjust. I hope than in the future I will be able to visit again all those places I photographed and beat my previous results, or encounter better light or conditions.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor