This photo is clicked in the Singalila mountain range in Tumling, West Bengal, India. This region falls under the Sandakphu belt. I was standing at the top of a hillock and waiting for the clouds to pass by so that I could get a clear view of the mountains in front of me. However, the clouds never passed by. At a point of time, I had thought of doing a time-lapse but was not getting the proper composition for the same. It was when I realized that the road going below is gonna be a perfect leading line for the photo/ When I had set up the whole composition, clouds just did not stop from coming.
Then I found out this frame where I could get a glimpse of the mountains and the clouds had just shifted towards the right, giving me a bit clearer view of the road and the hills on the left. A high key image setup was already given by nature. I just had to click it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor