TAKE PART • WIN $100
December 27, 2020 I left my home in Prosser, Washington at 4:00 am and drove through thick winter fog for approximately an hour before it cleared on my way to Timberline Ski area near Government Camp, Oregon. This famous ski location has a great view of Mount Hood and I wanted to be there before sunrise. It is over a 3 hour drive and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to set up before sunrise at 8:00am.
I had planned to put on my snowshoes and hike a little ways up the mountain. Because it was a Sunday morning when I arrived at the Timberline Ski area near Government Camp, Oregon I encountered more car congestion than I had planned for, which slowed down my time considerably. By the time I got to the parking area and parked my car I had to grab my camera and run to find a viewpoint to shoot photographs from. It was pretty icy out and I didn't even take time to grab my tripod or put on my microspikes in fear of missing the awesome sight that awaited me. There were people and dogs everywhere which made it challenging to find a good viewpoint to shoot from. I was stunned and amazed by the pink sky and lenticular cloud over the top of Mount Hood. It was my first time experiencing a pink lenticular cloud I clicked away. All I could say was oh wow!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor