I have the privilege of living only a very short drive away from many vantage points with beautiful views to the Swiss alps. As breathtaking these views can be in any season and weather condition, they have also been the cause of much frustration as I am struggling to find compelling compositions. Basically it comes down to lack of foreground. I don’t know how many hours I have spent in search of that one tree or leading line or rock that could be a strong point of interest against the beautiful backdrop of the Swiss Alps. When I headed out one morning I could see the clouds and light develop in a very attractive way and the pressure grew to find a decent composition. I was more than happy to find a vantage point from which I had lines of trees and different layers of hills as well as a village, all leading the eye through the picture toward those mountains illuminated by beautiful and dramatic morning light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor