TAKE PART • WIN $100
How many times you have to repeat the same mistake to really learn the lesson? - It depends. Seceda is undoubtedly one of those breathtaking places on planet which grabs your soul and make it difficult to keep focused and think logically. There were some nice low clouds when I got there, promising colorful sunset. Unfortunately all clouds eventually concentrated on the west and the sunset was completely blocked to my frustration.
It became darker every minute and I packed my bag and started to descend to refugio. And 5 minutes later the sun found narrow slot in the clouds and send its farewell to the mountains. I made U-turn and run back uphill to the vantage point with my heavy backpack as fast as I could. Grabbed the camera, made some hand-held frames and several seconds later the show was over. Somehow I managed not to overexpose the lights and made decently sharp frames by sheer luck. The lesson is clear and simple: think twice before you start packing - nature may surprise you. Did I learn it well - we'll see.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor