TAKE PART • WIN $100
This photo was made in February, and it shows the sun rising behind the fort of Carcavelos, which is in the beach of the same name. At that time, the Covid-19 confinement was still in place, but it was possible to go out for short walks near one’s home. This time I chose this beach, which is near my home, in the outskirts of Lisbon. It is a very familiar place to me, and one I like to return to. In fact, during the latest long confinement period, which lasted for 3 months, I made almost daily walks in this beach.
Sunrise is an excellent time of the day to visit and photograph this location, as there are many opportunities; in this occasion, I chose to use a telephoto lens to frame the fort a little tighter. The sun was just appearing, the remaining early fog was lifting, and the waves were coming in and crashing against the shore. The orange light was pervading the entire landscape with a nice and attractive colour.
I arrived well before the sunrise to find a good spot, and set up the tripod, camera and lens. I made both wide angle and telephoto exposures, but this one was one of my favourites from that session. Even though I have photographed this place many times before, I always strive to find something new. Especially during this pandemic crisis, it is already very good to be able to go out, even if only for short walks near home.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor