Snow plus fog is a rarity at Smith Rock State Park in Terrebonne, Oregon, USA. On this winter morning snow shoes were required to reach the photo spot chosen. Alone in the silence the winter scene felt surreal. The fog concealed and then revealed the pinnacle and rock wall every few minutes. The image is a panorama of three images taken vertically at 14mm. Because the fog was shifting frequently, each series of three frames had to be completed quickly to maintain a consistent look and feel. The foreground trees were purposefully selected to frame the rock wall pinnacle. I took several series of three shots. In this series the tall dark pinnacle was clearly revealed while the high ridge was partially obscured by the fog. It seemed appropriate to have the foreground in focus and the fog to become more dense toward the background.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor