TAKE PART • WIN $100
New Years Day, 2015 we were visiting friends in Phoenix, AZ. Overnight, a cold front moved through leaving behind a rare snowfall on the hills east of Phoenix at altitudes above about 2500 ft. My friend Bill took me up some 4x4 trails into the Salt River Canyon Wilderness Area to photograph this rare event. In this shot the sun had peeked through the clouds and illuminated the foreground with a golden glow on the vegetation contrasted with the white snow. On the distant hills on the right the late afternoon sun cast a glow on the hillsides and long shadows. The Saguaro and Jumping Jack Cactus all wear a cap of snow.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor