A snowy Saturday in the Cascades created a softly lit and somewhat misty morning for photographing this beautiful waterfall. With a total height of 286 feet, Salt Creek cascades into a deep blue lava pool and deep canyon in the Willamette National Forest. After spending an hour or so in the area I was getting ready to head out when low clouds started to slide into the canyon. I set up, composed a shot and waited to see what might happen. Just as a cloud broke apart and drifted toward the falls I snapped this shot. It turned out to be my best of the day. Salt Creek Falls is about a 2 hour drive from Bend, OR. The falls are easily accessible from a parking area, and are a great location for shooting year round.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor