A couple of years ago I travelled around India and Nepal. After a couple of weeks in Kathmandu, the Capital of Nepal I travelled to the City of Pokhara. Pokhara is a great place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the Capital. There is a beautiful lake, several temples and some fantastic hikes near by. It is also a great place for landscape photography.
I took this photo one afternoon near the lake while some fantastic clouds were forming above the mountains. I experimented with a couple of different lenses and my favourite frames of the day were taken with the 135mm fixed Sigma lens. I like the layers and contrast the longer lens provides in this image. There's also a bit of grain due to the high ISO, which I think adds to the atmosphere. The pink pastel hues in the distance below the clouds while the sun sets adds just the right amount of colour.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor