TAKE PART • WIN $100
California has a lot of piers and while the sunrise can be a bit tricky to photograph, nothing a bit of planning can't fix. Taking photos in crowded places can be hard and the easiest way to avoid it is by taking photos at sunrise. Pismo beach is a really popular place during the day but in the mornings it's quiet, relaxed and peaceful. After taking the usual photo frames of the sunrise and pier, I've decided to move around to try to find a better angle of the view. I ended up under the pier with a beautiful two sided view of the sunrise, on one side the still darkness of the sky being chased away on the other side by the light of day. The pier in between them creates the perfect divider making the photo seem like a mirror between dark and light. I used a ND filter to capture more light and to give an eyrie feel to the photo, otherwise the location is easy to reach and with the luck of some clouds in the sky anyone should be able to take a beautiful sunrise photo.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor