I used my converted to infrared, Nikon D90, and set out to capture some 'snowy' landscapes (not an easy feat in Florida). This was my first venture and I did not know what to expect. When I looked at the screen, it was very different than what my eyes were seeing. The landscape was very beautiful as it was, but seeing it through infrared gave it an ethereal presence. I saw very little difference between how infrared presents itself and the snow that I used to see during the cold winters in the north. The trees were so very lush and nurtured on one side by the sun, shadowed across the 'snowy' terrain enabled me to feel the chill of winter.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor