I had planned an early morning shoot at sunrise on my first visit to this iconic location. Unfortunately I was running late. Conditions were clear and the sunlight was rising higher in the sky which wasn't ideal. However there was still a lot of cloud activity from the previous days storm. After a 40 minute hike to the viewing area my prayers for some detail in the sky were answered. A large bank of low cloud moved in from the east and obscured the harsh sunlight. This also created some beautiful play of light around the pinnacles. This was my first visit and I had seen so many photos of this location before so I thought a black and white conversion would suit the atmosphere of the scene.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor