Ocean City is a resort town in Worcester County, Maryland It sits between the Atlantic Ocean and Isle of Wight Bay. Miles of beach and a wooden boardwalk with restaurants, amusement rides, shops and hotels attract 8 million visitors annually. As a landscape photographer, I try to avoid crowds and look for scenic locations that offer peace and solitude so to capture this image, my only choice was to visit this seaside resort in winter. Not far from Assateague Island National Seashore, Ocean City is a great base of operation. Affordable hotels and a great selection of restaurants provide comfort, and I was only 5 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from Assateague. Winter also has the advantage of early sunsets and late sunrises.
I arrived at the beach about an hour before sunset. I find capturing the eastern sky at sunset produces subtle pastels and creates a calming mood. A flock of seagulls adds an added element to the composition and the slow shutter speed creates a sense of motion as the gentle waves caress the shoreline.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor