TAKE PART • WIN $100
I took this photo at first light one morning on the backwaters surrounding Munroe Island in Kerala. I was taken on an unforgettable two hour boat paddle through the rivers surrounding the island on a small wooden canoe.
I love the effect a wide angle gives when you use a very low angle point of view. As I was paddled along the river I carefully lowered the camera as close to the water as possible and took several shots. The morning light was beautiful and I love the natural motion of the river captured this close to the water. I took the shot as wide as I could go at 16mm to include the lush vegetation on either side of the river and the vibrant first light above the horizon in the distance.
I spent about a week on Munroe island on my six month trip around India and it was definitely one one of my favourite places I visited. An extremely calm area of nature which is a welcome difference to some of the chaotic cities and urban areas. Hire a bike or walk around the island and be sure to take one of the morning boat trips, you will not be disappointed. I hope to return one day!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor