TAKE PART • WIN $100
In the province of Zeeland, fog and mist are fairly rare. That is because there is usually a little wind, but the damping effect of the seawater temperature also plays a role. So you should always be very alert when there are such conditions in the weather forecast.
The location of the photo is on Schouwen-Duiveland near Renesse, a well-known seaside resort. The photo was taken in a nature reserve called De Vroongronden. This is a beautiful area, which is especially provided with small lakes from autumn to spring. This year it is really beautiful, because we have a beautiful wet winter and spring. So got into the car very early and walked to the place in the dark. My working method is that I have always been to the place in question during the day, so that you know exactly where to stand for a beautiful composition. Preparation is half the battle. That is why I have a very extensive to-do list (with photos) on my phone, so that I know exactly when the circumstances are going out.
At first, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be a success because there was a cloud band, low on the horizon. Fortunately, after sunrise, a beautiful warm colour appeared. You can probably understand that I was happy with the photo.
Usually in such circumstances take multiple photos so that I can make a blend if necessary. In this case, 2 photos were sufficient. I always blend with Luminosity Masks. That really works perfectly!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor