Rio de Janeiro, or The Marvelous City, has thousands of things to see, but you are rewarded with one of the best views of the city when you ascend to Mirante Dona Marta. It's not easy to get here, but it's worth it. There are city buses that take you part way up the winding mountain, but they don't run frequently and it's a bit of a climb after you are dropped off.
With the sun beating down on you and the humidity of Rio, the best way to get here is to book a taxi and ask them to wait for you. Besides having a nearly unobstructed view of Christ the Redeemer, you get to look down over Sugarloaf Mountain and Botafogo Beach. I was even lucky enough to watch an airplane fly right next to Sugarloaf on its way out of the city. Mirante Dona Marta provides another perspective on this extremely photogenic city.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor