I took this photo on one of my trips to the United States. My sister and her family used to live in the US and we decided to take a road trip along the California coast that summer. We planned to drive from south all the way up to north. I had a flight from Istanbul to LA and they were going to fly from Chicago, and we would meet there. It was the weekend of 4th of July and as expected all domestic flights had delays. I arrived in LA in the afternoon, it seemed I had a few hours before they arrived due to delays. So, I picked up my gear and rushed to the beach.
All the blue and turquoise tones of the Pacific and the smell of the ocean were fascinating. Being at the beach was refreshing and rejuvenating after a long 15-hour flight. I started taking photos - waves, surfers, beach.
This was probably the last photo I took that day. It was a moment when the beach got less crowded and the clouds would form blue, painting like patterns filling the whole sky. I loved the match of the blue clouds and the color of the ocean with its white foamy waves and golden sand. I sat on the sand and watched the view for a while, breathing in the ocean breeze.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor