A couple of years ago I made a photographic journey around India and Nepal. After a couple of weeks in Kathmandu, the Capital of Nepal I travelled to the City of Pokhara. Pokhara is a great place for photography and also to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the Capital. There is a beautiful lake, several temples and some fantastic hikes near by. One morning I took an early taxi up to Sarangot and made a short climb up to this amazing viewpoint. I was invited up to a local family's rooftop which had unbelievable views to Annapurna, a massif in the Himalayas.
Machapuchare is the prominent peak in the frame and has never been officially climbed due to the impossibility of gaining a permit from the government of Nepal. A beautiful experience and one that I highly recommend, just make sure you head up on a clear day!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor