I was on my way to a beautiful house in our area to capture it on photo, when I suddenly came face to face with this beautiful tree, the tree stands along a dike in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands. Due to the many melt water high in the mountains of the Alps, the water in the rivers of the Netherlands was higher than normal and this tree was therefore in the water. Because it had also snowed in the Netherlands it looked all in all wintry and I thought it was time to take my nikon out of the bag and take this picture. Of course I also had my tripod with me and in a time of 1 minute I was standing on the flanks of the dyke in the snow taking this photo. The fact that there was no wind provided a nice reflection in the water. Snow can no longer be taken for granted in the Netherlands, so this photo is a beautiful reminder of a beautiful winter in our small country.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor