This image was taken in Lake Tanuki, Shizuoka, Japan. It was February 2020 when I and other 3 photographer friends visited the 7 seven lakes around Mount Fuji. I borrowed a car from my Japanese-Portuguese friend in Tokyo to tour around my friends and take photos. It was day 2 of our tour and we were in Lake Tanuki when the car suddenly breakdown. I didn't start, battery problem I guessed. We were done shooting and supposed to head to a restaurant for breakfast but we couldn't drive. I called my friend in Tokyo to tell about the car and he said he was coming down to Shizuoka for a replacement. What a friend! While waiting, I walked around the lake to take few more shots. The reflection of Mount Fuji and the huge lenticular clouds was so defined at that time. I took a few shots and went to a vendo machine to grab a hot coffee. It was freezing because it was winter. My friend arrived on a car of the same model. He jumpstarted our car and he let us use the one he just drove to rescue us. We headed to Ise kyoto after breakfast that day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor