Hovland, MN is about 20 miles from the Canadian border on Lake Superior. On this morning, the temperature was -10 with a windchill of -35. In order to get to this location, I hiked 10 minutes through the woods with ice cleats until I entered this clearing on the shoreline. I set up my camera and tripod and waited. The sky was cloudy but as the sun rose over the horizon, the sky turned into an unexpected pastel painting. This scene was totally worth the wait, and the frozen fingers and toes!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor