This image was taken at the shore of Lake Neusiedl, a steppe lake in the eastern part of Austria, close to the Hungarian border. In December 2010 we had a rather cold period and the whole lake was frozen. When I arrived at the shore before sunset, I was surprised by the ice floes, which made for an intersting structure to my eyes. It was totally silent, only from time to time the cracking of the thick ice cold be heard. Therefore the image is entitled "Sound of Silence" in my print portfolio.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor