This is an image from February 2012. It was taken near Podersdorf on the shore of Lake Neusiedl, a steppe lake in the eastern part of Austria, close to the Hungarian border. After a period of heavy frost the whole lake was frozen. On this day we had minus 10 degrees Celsius and an icy wind from north-west which made for rather inhospitable weather conditions. In summer, this place is a popular recreational area, well known for windsurfing and stand up paddling. During the winter months, I appreciate the experience of silence and solitude there.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor