TAKE PART • WIN $100
This photo was taken on the Konza Prairie that is located in Manhattan, Kansas. This is part of the Kansas Flint Hills which is a region in eastern Kansas and north-central Oklahoma named for the abundant residual flint rock. There are lots of hills in this area and I hiked up to the top of one of the hills in the Konza Prairie just before sunrise to get this photo. The atmosphere was very picturesque with low-lying fog all around and the sky was mostly overcast, but began to clear out more as the morning went on and I was lucky enough to be able to capture this photo as the clouds were thinning out. I used a wide-angle lens to capture the flint rocks and prairie grass that stretched out on the ground in front of me, and the beautiful sunrise sky, and you can see more flint hills in the distance.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor