The area near Kanab, Utah, near the northern Arizona border, is rich with desert vistas, coral sand, canyon and rock formations, and often has interesting cloud patterns. This combination, plus the advantage of open space and trail systems, gives a massive amount of photographic opportunities. Highway 89 in this area offers few “view points”, but we were fortunate to be passing this way during some road construction that had traffic stopped for 20-30 minutes. Just a quick glance and I hurriedly got my camera ready and stepped out of the truck, taking several photos of the surrounding views. This is one of my favorites from our trip that year, and it was taken in mid-September. The prairie grass giving way to the coral rock, along with the shadows from the clouds, and I feel very lucky to have had a few minutes to frame this view, and always remember this beautiful area of the country.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor