As an amateur photographer living in Minnesota, I look forward to winter. What I like most about winter is the ever changing landscapes. The weather can go from fog to rain to ice to snow all in one day. I see ice and snowstorm as opportunities to take photos of magical landscapes. The biggest issue in taking advantage of these photo opportunities can be getting there, but if you live in Minnesota you learn how to drive on icy snow covered roads. One of my favorite winter weather conditions is fog. In this photo, the fog adds a softness to the photo and creates different layers of detail in the fog.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor