When looking down on badlands it is easy to get overwhelmed by the entire view, especially if skies have cooperated with clouds and sunrise or sunset color. It can pay dividends to try to put on a long lens in search of compelling smaller compositions. I did that here during the blue hour while waiting for the light to cooperate for the more expansive view. With calm winds, it was possible to use a fairly long exposure time while keeping the ISO low. This image was created as a panorama from just three vertical exposures. The image tells a story of the beauty that can occur over time...for our earth, that means eons, but for our bodies it means just a few decades.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor