Half Dome is one of the most iconic landmarks in all of Yosemite Valley. Because of that I think it’s hard to get an unique or different photo as so many people before you have done it. Yosemite is beautiful to visit and photograph no matter the season, so all you’ll need to do is check the weather and hope for some fog to make your shot a bit more dramatic. I took this photo in February after a break in the snowstorm. The clouds were low almost creating a natural vignette around the Half Dome. I’ve decided to make it a black and white photo emphasize the contrast and dramatism of the landscape.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor