TAKE PART • WIN $100
Great Basin National Park is in northeastern Nevada, close to the Utah state border. July sunrise there is quite early, 5:20 AM on the day this was shot. My hike to this lake at 10,000 feet (just over 3,000 meters) elevation began in darkness in an aspen forest. On arriving at the lake, I was happy there was almost no wind with a great reflection in the water; the clouds took on a soft pink color as the first light of sunrise hit the mountain peak above the lake. I processed the image to balance out exposure across the scene, and to make textures in the clouds and mountainside more apparent.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor