It was a particularly tough year for the travel photographer in me. I could not travel and was missing going out there in nature to make images. But then with the raging pandemic, one needed to be extremely careful. So, the only way out for me to satisfy my creative needs was to go out in nature in the middle of the night - making sure no rules were broken in the process. And this image here, shot last year in the summer, is one of the images I could make last year!
To reach this location, I had to drive a couple of hours from home, and then an hour and a half's hike through hills and forest (supposedly infested with wild boars) brought me to this place. Since the last few months, I have had this location in my mind but I had to wait for the opportune day (rather night) to make sure I can make the best of my efforts. Anyways, reaching the place, I realized that there is no perfect plan - as I didn't realize the evening would be mildly cloudy - cloudy enough to spoil the first half of the night. But the cloud cover also gave a good time to fix the composition. And as soon as I got a few minutes of clearing, I had to click! I did take some creative liberty when processing but eventually, I am happy with how the result came out. Happy to have made the outing and I hope to go back there again!!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor