TAKE PART • WIN $100
Some years ago I caravanned to Death Valley with friends. On our first morning we got up in the dark to photograph the famous Mesquite Dunes. I expected a short hike up the dunes from the car but in fact it is quite a way in before one even begins to climb. Once on the dunes it is a real slog to get anywhere near the top of anything! Luckily we were high enough when the sun began to rise and we were able to get some shots of the light rimming the dunes. The wind had kicked up and the sand was blowing off the top od the dune and I was able to catch it backlit against the Panamint Range of mountains.
Winter is the only time to visit Death Valley as from April to September it lives up to it's name. This last year, 2020, the temperature reached 130 in the summer! Death Valley indeed.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor