Full moon rise in the desert is one of the very special moments to me, I would say the sacred one. The wind calm down and deep silence sets in. The ambient light is still good enough to see and capture the landscape in great details. When the moon starts rising it is absolutely mesmerizing. You just cannot stop looking at it. Thanks to modern phone applications you know exactly where the moon will show up, and thus you can set the composition in advance and just wait. I'm the wide angle junkie, but unfortunately it renders the moon smaller than it feels. So I took my artistic license and made another frame at the longer focal length and shorter exposure to blend it later in post.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor