TAKE PART • WIN $100
On an early May morning, cool night temperatures on warm river water bring much sought after heavy mist rising and hovering on the water. This location is a popular fishing spot where the locals use large dip nets to scoop up a small fish known locally as Kiack or, Ailwife to others who are lovingly labelled CFA's or Come From Away's. The rushing water flows around a large rock outcrop in the middle of the river that is known as The Crack of the Rock. On this morning the fishery was closed for the day, I had the location all to myself and revelled in the fact that I had chosen wisely to get out of bed before sunrise and was rewarded with this glorious sunrise backlighting the mist. I choose to keep the boats in silhouette so as to accentuate the mist and the glittering sparkle of sunlight on the water. Just me, the mist and the sound of rushing water, all coming together to make a meditative moment captured with my camera.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor