TAKE PART • WIN $100
In October 2019, I spent a week in the marvellous Charlevoix region with friends. We chose that time of year because the area is so spectacular in autumn. As planned we arrived at the St-Lawrence River shoreline 45 minutes before sunrise. The weather forecast was good. I wanted to show the coastal mountains, the textures on the rocky beach, and the river. I was hoping for a beautiful sky. To compose the image, I used a wide-angle zoom at 16 mm (35 mm eq.). I added a 10-stop ND filter to lengthen the exposure time in order to flatten the small waves and to create cloud lines. I love the Live Time feature on my camera: it allows me to have a perfect histogram (ETTR) each time without blowing the highlights. Looking at this photograph, I always say “Nature is so beautiful. I have to go back to Charlevoix!”
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor