This shot was taken in the valley of Chamonix, in the French Alps during the month of August 2020, around 8.30 pm when the sun was starting to go down.
I was on a trail called the ''Balcons du Mont Blanc'' (Mont Blanc Balcony) which gives a great vista on the Mont Blanc massif. Pictured is the Aiguille du Midi peak which has on its top, an observatory deck.
The conditions at first were not the best : a lot of clouds blocking the view on the mountains. I decided nonetheless to take my chance by setting my tripod and camera and wait.
Wise thought: at some point, the clouds started to move around the mountains, playing with these ''rocky giants'' and the light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor