Taken in the Winter of 2021. This was a new and exciting scene for me. After years of exploring and photographing the western Carolina mountains, I had never seen this view. It looks south from Ceasar's Head State Park towards Table Rock along the edge of the mountain range in upstate South Carolina, USA. It's a pretty strait forward composition and honestly I was too cold to work the scene any more! Luckily it caught my eye immediately and I was able to fire off a few frames. I love how the cloud formations along with the shadow areas at the bottom of the frame kind of mirror each other as well as frame the subject area in the middle. Also, I thought the light was just gorgeous. The low sidelight giving the landscape texture and It has that nice warm glow. At first I didn't like that it was a little hazier than normal and I couldn't get a crisp, clear image of table rock, but after awhile it grew on me as I feel it helps add some depth to the image. You can feel everything slipping away in the distance. I can't wait to get back to this magical place.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor