Planning for our photo excursion to Scotland, this castle was high on my list. I decided to take the picture from an elevated position to have a better view of the background. I used a 10-stop ND filter to do a 20 second exposure. To create the composition, I used a focal length of 124 mm (35 m equivalent). Looking at the loch, the beautifully textured Scottish sky, and the marvelous mountains in the background, we understand why this is a classic image.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor