Candlestick Tower is a notable monolith in the Islands in the Sky section of Canyonlands National Park located near Moab, Utah. Although many people use Moab as a base for visiting nearby Arches National Park, a diversion to the north and south sections of Canyonlands can also be very rewarding. When I visited this past September, huge wildfires in California were covering much of the American southwest in a blanket of haze. Less than ideal conditions for the nightscape photography that was my primary goal for this trip! But making lemonade from the lemons we were given, the conditions provided for some very interesting sunrise and sunset opportunities. I titled this sunset image “Hazy Daze of Summer.”
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor